Click to Home
Go To Search
How do I claim property that is being held by the police?
Property is held for the following reasons:
  • Property that is evidence of a crime

  • Found Property

  • Property that is held for safe keeping

Property that is held as evidence cannot be released until the Prosecutor's Office or City Attorney's Office has authorized the release

Found property can be released to the owner with appropriate proof of ownership. Found property that is not claimed by the owner may be claimed by the person who turned the property in, when certain legal conditions are met.

Property that has been held for safekeeping may be released back to the owner but release may be delayed, depending on why it was initially held. A representative of the owner may pick up property with proper documentation.

You must make an appointment prior to coming to the Police Department to pick up property. Contact our evidence technicians at (509) 942-7343.

Police Department

Show All Answers

1. How do I claim property that is being held by the police?
2. How do I apply for a concealed pistol license?
3. How much does a concealed pistol license cost?
4. Can I hire an off-duty police officer?
5. How do I get a copy of a police record?
6. Can I request to ride along with an officer?
7. How do I make a traffic complaint?
8. What crimes are occurring in my neighborhood?
9. Does the police department offer fingerprinting services?
10. Does the state of Washington have a seat belt law?
11. Do I need to file a written report on a vehicle accident?
12. How do I apply to be a reserve officer or police explorer?

Accessibility Contact Us Copyright Notice Going Green Home Powered by CivicPlus Sitemap
City of Richland, WA  505 Swift Boulevard, Richland, WA 99352   Ph: (509) 942-7390