Click to Home
Go To Search
Do I need a license for my cat or dog?
Yes. Richland Municipal Code 7.03.190 states that except as provided in Section 7.03.260, no person may keep, harbor or permit to be kept any dog or cat over seven months of age unless it is licensed. Dog and cat license fees are:

  • Altered dog or cat - $10 (proof required at time of licensing)

  • Unaltered dog or cat - $45

  • Show dog or cat - $10

  • Indigency license for dog or cat - $1

  • Commercial Kennel License - $50

  • Wild, dangerous or potentially dangerous animal permit - $250

Residents 65 years of age or older may purchase an indigency license where the applicant is the head of a household, files an affidavit of indigency with the finance manager, and owns only one dog or cat.

Only one senior citizen license discount allowed per household.

A no-charge license is provided for guide dogs with proof of certification. All licenses must be renewed annually.License information

Animal Control

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a license for my cat or dog?
2. What can be done about a barking dog disturbing the neighborhood?
3. Whom do I call if animals are running at large or to report a dead animal?

Accessibility Contact Us Copyright Notice Going Green Home Powered by CivicPlus Sitemap
City of Richland, WA  505 Swift Boulevard, Richland, WA 99352   Ph: (509) 942-7390