Go To Search
RSSEmailPrint
emergencyalert-interior.jpg
History
The Early Years
Old Station 71 Photo
The Richland Fire Department was established by City Charter in 1958. However, it's official organization date with the Sate of Washington is March 25, 1959. The Department had existed prior to that date, however, it was under the control of the Federal Government, as part of the Hanford Project.

At that time, the fire department was operating out of one station, built in 1952, which is still considered the fire department's main station, Station 71, on George Washington Way and Swift Blvd. In October of 1958, the City built two new fire stations, one of which, Station 73 on the corner of Jadwin Avenue and McMurray Street is also still occupied by the fire department today.


Accessibility Contact Us Copyright Notice Going Green Home Powered by CivicPlus Sitemap
City of Richland, WA  505 Swift Boulevard, Richland, WA 99352   Ph: (509) 942-7390