Click to Home
Go To Search
Household Hazardous Waste
Benton County Solid Waste

Ph: (509) 736-3084 x5682

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Benton County is building a new household hazardous waste collection facility. It should be ready in early 2016. Stay tuned or call the county at 736-3084 x5682

See storage and disposal alternatives.

What is it? 

Household hazardous wastes are products in the home that contain chemicals or have other dangerous elements that can harm human health or the environment.

Chemical products often have words on the label such as "caution," "danger" and "keep out of reach of children." Please read the label regarding disposal requirements. Containers that have product still in them should never be placed in the trash.

Material still accepted at the Horn Rapids Landfill
The Horn Rapids Landfill, 3120 Twin Bridges Road in Richland, accepts used motor oil, antifreeze, cooking oil, automotive batteries, and propane tanks and canisters. Proof of Benton County residency is required. 

Accessibility Contact Us Copyright Notice Going Green Home Powered by CivicPlus Sitemap
City of Richland, WA  505 Swift Boulevard, Richland, WA 99352   Ph: (509) 942-7390