Business License Reserve Fund
The Business License Reserve fund was established by the Richland City Council to promote business activities for the purpose of core development, tourism, general economic development, capital expenditures for community improvements, and prevention of blight. Funding originates from a 22% reserve of the City's Business License Revenue, which is in turn reinvested in to Richland's business community. The program awards funding to eligible organizations annually for projects to be completed for or within Richland in the award year.
Click here for the Program Application (Fill out using Microsoft Word or Open Office)
Phase II Application Cycle is now open, and will end at close-of-business on Wednesday, March 7th, 2018.
Eligible entities to apply for funding include the Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce, Visit Tri-Cities, City Business Improvement Districts, and City of Richland Departments. Other individuals and organizations may collaborate with eligible entities on project's applying for funding, but the main applicant must be an eligible entity. Additional qualifications and requirements are detailed within the application, and within Richland Municipal Code Section 5.04.385 - 5.04.387.
- Richland Energy Services - $11,000.00 incentive to support the accelerated extension of three-phase electrical service to businesses locating along Columbia Park Trail.
- Richland Business & Economic Development Office - $50,000.00 to support multiple awards to the City's Commercial Improvement Program, defraying the cost of facade, curb appeal, and energy efficiency improvements to the exterior of Richland businesses.
- Richland Business & Economic Development Office - $5,000.00 to support the City's Passport to Richland Business Program and similar events in support of the Richland Business Community as a whole.
- Uptown Business Improvement District - $5,000.00 to support and sponsor the 19th annual Uptown Chalk Art Festival
- Uptown Business Improvement District - $20,000.00 to support the installation of new murals as part of the ongoing Uptown Mural Program
- Richland Tourism Committee - $15,000.00 to support promoting Downtown Richland, Community Events, and Destination Tourism throughout Richland, aiming to advertise Richland as a weekend getaway for surrounding communities.
- Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce - $14,000.00 to sponsor two awards of Economic Gardening services to two Richland based businesses.