What is needed?
- Please fill out the form, supply documentation establishing date of birth and/or disability and verification of income through the Benton Franklin Community Action Council, call (509) 545-4042 for an appointment.
- Income verification requirements:
- One of the following: A copy of a bank statement showing a direct deposit or a Social Security or pension benefit, a benefit or award letter, or a copy of a Social Security check; AND
- One of the following: Social Security card or document with Social Security number and name included; AND
- One of the following: Proof of date of birth (birth certificate or Washington Identification); AND
- Two of the following: Proof of address (driver's license, Washington identification or utility bill)
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) or Benton Franklin Community Action Committee is a winter heating program generally available between the months of January through June. Appointments are scheduled based on a random drawing. Please sign up for the drawing at the link below or request a hard copy at the City of Richland Customer Service office at City Hall, 505 Swift Blvd., Richland, WA.
For additional information contact 4people.org Utility Bill Payment Assistance