Richland City Hall is closed to the public until further notice. Residents can place utility payments in the drop box located on the southwest side of the building. Payments and requests for service can also be made on-line, by emailing or by calling (509) 942-1104.

Building department and planning applications, including plan submittals, will be accepted electronically. Contact 509-942-7794 or for more information. 

Fireworks stand vendors who are stationary and operate for a long period of time in a parking lot are considered an "itinerant merchant" and should complete a Temporary Business License Application

The following items are required prior to business license approval:

  • Completed temporary business license application
  • Completed list of firework inventory
  • Letter from the person legally responsible for the property on which such display and/or sale is to take place:
    • City of Richland Parks and Facilities Contract/Approval (If operating on City property)
    • Permit, written agreement, or contract from property owner (If operating on private property)
  • Detailed map of proposed location and layout
  • Fire Department approval

Once the business permit is issued, Fire Department inspection and final approval is required prior to opening day.

Businesses operating on City property, must obtain approval through Parks and Facilities. Please contact (509)942-7463 to begin the Parks and Facilities approval Process. 



For additional information please view Richland Municipal Codes:

RMC 20.02 - Fire Prevention

RMC 5.13 - Itinerant Merchant

RMC 5.04 - Business, Professions and Occupations