To the maximum extent feasible, the City of Richland protects against loss or liability which would significantly affect personnel, property, finances, or the ability of the City to continue to fulfill its responsibilities to the taxpaying public.
Operating a City is not without its risks. Therefore, the City takes a focused risk management approach to identify risks as early as possible, adjust the development strategy to mitigate those risks, and develop and implement a risk management process. This work is performed by the City's Risk & Safety Program Administrator, who is responsible for implementing and overseeing the City's comprehensive risk management, safety management, and loss control program.
Additionally, the Risk & Safety Program Administrator:
- Provides risk mitigation consultation to City departments and management;
- Advises on safe work methods and practices, as well as the elimination of environmental hazards;
- Develops, implements, and maintains the City’s Accident Prevention Program and other City-wide policies/procedures;
- Conducts continuous research to align with best practices and ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations;
- Coordinates general risk management and safety training;
- Analyzes loss trends, evaluates the adequacy of insurance coverage, and works with insurance providers/adjusters to resolve and adjudicate claims.