Down Payment Assistance Program
The Tri-Cities HOME Consortium Down Payment Assistance Program is currently open.
Apply for Funding
1. Review the Down Payment Assistance Application to ensure program eligibility.
2. Get pre-approved for a mortgage by an area lender.
3. Lender will complete Part A Primary Loan Information sheet of the Down Payment Assistance Application.
4. Enroll and complete a first-time homebuyer education class. Visit: Washington State Housing Finance Commission for dates and times in our area.
5. Shop for a home.
6. City Addendum's Form 02: Notice of Voluntary Arm’s Length Transaction and Form 3: Housing Quality Standard, of the Down Payment Assistance Application must be completed and signed by the buyer and seller, prior to entering into a purchase and sale agreement.
7. Enter into a purchase and sales agreement with the seller.
8. Buyer completes parts B-E of the Down Payment Assistance Application.
9. Buyer sets up an appointment for down payment approval with Michelle Burden at (509) 942-7580. Bring complete application, forms and supporting documentation. A list of supporting documentation can be found in part F of the Down Payment Assistance Application.
Funding for the Down Payment Assistance Program is served on a first-come, first-eligible basis.