Thank you for your interest in the City of Richland's COVID-19 Emergency Financial Assistance Program
The COVID-19 Emergency Financial Assistance Program will provide temporary housing assistance to low- and moderate-income households that have had a substantial reduction in income or became unemployed due the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants may be eligible for a maximum of up to three months for past due mortgage or rent, and utility payments. Persons applying must meet all applicable income and eligibility requirements. You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to apply or be an emancipated minor. Applications will be accepted until all funds are allocated.
Anyone selected for the program must meet the following requirements:
- Have a gross, annual household income that is at or below the maximum income limits shown in the table below.
- Be a Richland resident.
- Rent must be current as of March 2020; this program will not assist with arrears
- Have a substantial reduction in income or are currently receiving unemployment due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have a lack of assets and savings to pay housing expenses
- Anyone currently receiving a subsidy from another rental assistance program or living in Public Housing is ineligible
COVID-19 EMERGENCY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM MAXIMUM INCOME LIMITS
The chart below shows the maximum income limits currently in effect for households of up to eight members. If you have a larger household, please contact the program administrator, 509-545-4042, x292 for assistance in determining the maximum income limits for your household.
|COVID-19 EMERGENCY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE MAXIMUM INCOME LIMIT|
|1 PERSON||2 PERSON||3 PERSON||4 PERSON||5 PERSON||6 PERSON||7 PERSON||8 PERSON|
Applications will only be accepted ONLINE. The open enrollment period is
Monday, July 6, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.until funds are exhausted.
Paper applications will not be distributed or accepted. Only one application per household will be accepted. Duplicate applications will be rejected.
HOUSEHOLD INFORMATION REQUIRED:
All of the following documents must be returned with this application:
1. Copy of valid identification card or driver’s license for every household member 18 years and older with a current Richland address.
2. Copy of Social Security Cards for all household members
3. 2 months paystubs showing employment status on or before February 29, 2020
4. Documentation of all income for all household members, 18 years and older. For example, unemployment, social security, disability, pension, alimony, child support, etc.)
5. Most recent tax returns. If filing separately, copies for all members.
6. 6-month Bank Statements (checking, savings, money market, annuities, cash cards, or other investment accounts) for Head of Household, Co- Head of Household and all other adult members in the household
The following documents must also be attached to this application (as applicable for the type of assistance being sought:
1. Current Lease (showing monthly rent)
2. Current Mortgage Statement (showing current/past due amount)
3. Statement from Landlord showing arrearage/amount due
4. Statement from Utility Provider (showing amount needed)
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS:Any individual with an impairment or disability who requires reasonable accommodations to participate should contact City of Richland at 509-942-7580, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Telecommunications Relay Service, Dial 711
Please be advised that the submission of an application does not guarantee placement in the program, or a COVID-19 Emergency Financial Assistance Program subsidy.