Richland Energy Services has been named a "Tree Line USA Utility" every year since 2004 in recognition of our national leadership in caring for trees while meeting service objectives. Our utility has met Tree Line USA requirements of training our workers in quality tree-care practices and helping our customers plant appropriate trees near utility lines. This effort results in long-term operational savings for our utility as well as providing beautiful trees for the future.
Our Tree Trimming Program helps prevent trees from growing into power lines and causing unplanned outages and safety hazards. The tree trimming crew prunes trees throughout the City, and all power lines are evaluated for tree interference on an on-going basis. If you see tree branches or other items touching power lines, call Power Operations at (509) 942-7429, contact us by email, or submit an on-line service request.
Click on this video and these links to learn more about the Tree Trimming Program or stop by the Richland Public Library or City Hall to pick up a free handbook about Trees.
- How to Select the Right Tree for Your Location
- Tree Trimming Tips
- Tree Removal and Replacement Program
- Trees and Electrical Safety
- Tree-Line USA - National Arbor Day Foundation
- International Society of Arboriculture
- Tree Care Industry Association
- WSU Master Gardener - Trees for the Tri-Cities
- Tree Wizard - Select the tree or shrub to fit your space and needs