Richland Energy Services provides high quality, reliable electric service; however, sometimes power outages do occur within our system. The most common reasons for outages are: wind storms, squirrels, or accidents involving a power pole. Your call to report an outage helps us restore power safely and efficiently.
If you are experiencing an outage, please check the following before you call:
- Is the whole house out of power?
- Check your circuit breakers and fuses.
- Are your neighbors out of power too?
- Do you see a tree limb on a power line or a line down?
- Did you hear a loud noise, boom or explosion?
Please don’t call 911 to report power outages. Review this Power Outage Safety Video for more information.
When you call, please be prepared to give us the following information:
- Location of the Outage
- Telephone Number
- Description of the Problem You are Experiencing