With the warm summer temperatures and dry conditions, our community is more susceptible to grass and wildfires.
Some specific hazards to be aware of in your neighborhood are listed below.
- Discarded lawn clippings on slopes below homes.
- Large overhanging trees/branches close to buildings.
- Buildings with flammable vegetation within 5 feet of structure.
- Piles of trimmed branches, tumbleweeds, and other debris close to ignitable fuels.
- Decks and porches with accumulated flammable debris underneath.
Review the attached Fact Sheet to learn about more ways you can avoid being a victim of fire!