Richland Police Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Richland Police Department is to provide safety and service to the citizens of Richland and its visitors by providing high quality, proactive, and professional law enforcement services.
With our values of Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence as our guide, we are committed to:
- We are honest and truthful;
- We will serve with honor;
- We will hold ourselves to a high level of moral and ethical behavior;
- We will strive to be role models for our community;
- We acknowledge our mistakes and learn from adversity;
- We will be a reliable and just organization.
- We work as a team respecting each other as teammates;
- We hold each other accountable fostering a positive work environment;
- We collaborate with other city departments to fulfill the mission;
- We understand our role in the 7 Keys of the city's strategic plan;
- We partner with our community to solve problems;
- We place service above self in achieving department goals.
- We give our best effort to each other and the community we serve;
- We accept future challenges by learning and developing new skills;
- We recruit, hire and train the best people;
- We promote personal and professional growth;
- We take pride in our appearance and reputation;
- We are creative and innovative in solving problems and preparing for the future.