Richland Police Nuisance Code Enforcement’s goal is to prevent the physical and visual deterioration of our community. By enforcing the Richland municipal codes, we can help you clean up your neighborhoods and maintain a healthy and safe environment.
Reporting Code Violations
- Call our Code Enforcement Complaint Line at (509) 942-7739.
- Complete a complaint form at the Richland Police Department or download the form here.
- Submit a request online through Service Request in the upper left corner of the website.
- Grass and weeds over 6” tall and determined to be a nuisance, safety or fire hazard. (Richland Municipal Code 10.04.040 P)
- Junk Vehicles must be stored out of public/private view and are defined as having at least three of the five following criteria: (1) Over three years old (2) Expired registration/license (3) Apparently inoperable (4) Extensively damaged (5) Scrap value only (Richland Municipal Code RMC 10.06.030)
- Inoperable Vehicles must be stored out of public/private view and are defined as having been in a stationary position for more than 14 calendar days, are apparently inoperable or requires repairs in order to be operable. (Richland Municipal Code RMC 10.06.030)
- RV’s and Large Vehicle Storage – boats, campers, motor homes, recreational vehicles, utility trailers, large vehicles may not be stored (parked in excess of five days) on public streets. A 10 foot setback from the roadway is required when these vehicles are stored on private property (Richland Municipal Code 11.33)
- Appliances, Household Furniture, and Vehicle Parts Left Outside - Household appliances, furniture or vehicle parts (to include tires) must not be visible from public/private property. (Richland Municipal Code 10.04.040 G)
The City of Richland Nuisance Control Unit is supervised by Sergeant Bryce Henry (509) 942-7367.