Household Hazardous Waste

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A new Benton County Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) facility is estimated to open in late 2018 or early 2019.

More information is available by contacting Benton County's Solid Waste Division at 736-3084 x5682. 

Until then, See storage and disposal alternatives

Household Hazardous Waste Disposal  - Link includes disposal information on:

  • Automobile Fluids
  • Batteries
  • Bulbs (Light Bulbs)
  • Computers & Electronics
  • E-Cigs
  • Medical Waste
  • Paint
  • Smoke Detectors 

Material accepted at the Horn Rapids Landfill

The Horn Rapids Landfill, 3102 Twin Bridges Road in Richland, accepts used motor oil, antifreeze, cooking oil, automotive batteries, rechargeable batteries and propane tanks and canisters. For landfill information call 942-7498.

Household Hazardous Waste Information

Benton County Hazardous Waste Office 
Ph: (509) 736-3084 x5682

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer