The City of Richland works hard to provide consistent solid waste garbage collection services to our citizens. During winter weather events, it is inevitable that some of these services may be disrupted or delayed. During these events, the City of Richland Solid Waste Utility will notify citizens of any anticipated process/schedule changes as soon as possible.
The notification would include one of the following options:
- Initiation of 2-3 hour delay to normal garbage collection schedule
- Initiation of pre-determined snow routes (maps coming soon)
- Full route cancellation of normal garbage collection schedule
In addition, green yard waste collection will continue every other week, all year-long, including through the winter months, except when we are experiencing temperatures below freezing.
When weather forecasts indicate that snow or ice conditions are in the forecast, you can stay informed of City winter weather event updates, including status of snow plowing progress and solid waste, or yard waste collections updates.
- Follow the City on Facebook and Twitter @RichlandWA
- Visit our website at www.ci.richland.wa.us/snow
- Sign up for flash alerts (https://www.flashalert.net/signup/) and subscribe to receive email notifications of facility closures or delays.