Current Vacancies

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Board, Commission, Committee Vacant Positions:

When there are board, commission or committee (BCC) positions available, they will be listed under the News section on the city website homepage. As vacancies open throughout the year, you may check this section periodically or sign up for automatic notification of the BCC vacancies through eNotification.

Regular term expiration dates of BCC members are bi-annual, as follows:

March 31: Arts Commission; Board of Adjustment; Code Enforcement Board; Planning Commission; and Parks and Recreation Commission; applications will be posted for open positions starting at the end of January each year

September 30: Americans with Disabilities Act Citizens Review Committee; Economic Development Committee; Library Board; Lodging Tax Advisory Committee; Personnel Committee; and Utility Advisory Committee; applications will be posted for open positions starting at the end of July of each year

Current Open Positions:

The City of Richland Council is seeking candidates for the following Boards, Commissions and Committees:      

  • Richland Public Facilities District Board (RPFD) is seeking candidates to fill two positions with unexpired terms through July 15, 2022. Here is the link to the RPFD Board Application Fact Sheet. Special Note: Both positions also require a nomination letter from a local organization. This posting is extended through July 24, 2018.
  • Americans with Disabilities Act Citizens Review Committee (ADA) is seeking candidates to fill a vacant position with a term through September 30, 2021. Here is the link to the ADA Committee Application Fact Sheet.  This posting is until July 24, 2018.

How To Apply:

The Application Fact Sheet includes the qualifications needed to serve on a specific BCC, as well as its purpose and meeting requirements. If a position is listed in the News section, click on the title to access its Application Fact Sheet. Remember to include your resume with the application.

Apply online at Board Commission or Committee Application. Paper applications are also available for pick-up at the City Clerk's Office located in the City Hall Annex Building at 975 George Washington Way, Richland, WA.

Please contact the City Clerk's Office if you have any questions regarding the BCCs at 509-942-7388 or