Newsletters for the Hanford Communities are prepared on a quarterly basis. To be placed on our mailing list and receive a hard copy through the mail, please contact Pam Larsen.
- 2018 - Spring/Summer
- 2018 - Winter
- 2017 - Newsletters
- 2016 - Newsletters
- 2015 - Newsletters
- 2014 - Newsletters
The Hanford events calendar lists various tours, public involvement meetings, workshops/conferences, public comment periods, groundwater events and public feedback opportunities related to the Hanford Advisory Board (HAB).
The Hanford Communities work with civic organizations, professional societies, schools and colleges, and communities to arrange for speakers from the Washington State Department of Ecology's Nuclear Waste Program, the Department of Energy (DOE) and DOE contractors.
Understanding Hanford requires more knowledge than newspaper headlines about leaking radioactive waste tanks or workers overcome by vapors. The speakers share information about the current progress, challenges of the nuclear cleanup efforts, and how the cleanup will affect the region.
Speakers address groups in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and places beyond. In the last three years, the effort has arranged speaking engagements for nearly 100 organizations including Rotary, Kiwanis, and Lions Clubs; community colleges and universities; classrooms from elementary to high school; and professional associations such as the chapters of the American Chemistry Society and National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association.
If you are interested in having a speaker address your organization, please call (509) 942-7348 for more details.
- B Reactor Home Page
- Bechtel National Inc. Vitrification Plant
- CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company
- Central Plateau
- DOE Richland Operations Office
- Department of Energy Hanford Home Page
- Energy Communities Alliance
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Hanford Advisory Board
- Hanford Public Involvement Calendar
- Hanford Tri-Party Agreement
- Office of River Protection
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Tank Operations Contact
- U.S. DOE Environmental Management Program
- Washington State Department of Ecology-Nuclear Waste